Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another semester completed at the Suffolk University Madrid Campus- another tough goodbye. Leaving my apartment for good was sad. I had to take a nice long deep breath of that dirty Madrid air from my balcony before walking out the door. First leaving my host family seemed like the hardest thing in the world, then it was leaving Chueca. But having kept in good contact with Mercedes, I figure theres always next semester to visit my friends in Cheuca. Its always tough to leave, but its a little easier knowing I'll be back in a few short months.

Until then its back to Boston. Working is made a little easier knowing that every dollar saved will contribute to more great travel experiences next semester. Mentally planning future trips is exciting. With all of Europe right in my backyard, the options are seemingly endless. Sweden? Russia? Bulgaria? Why not?

Now when I go back for my second year I'll be a little smarter, a little more experienced. A seasoned veteran. And first on the list is a long walk around Retiro, always at its best in the summer. So when life seems overwhelming here in Boston, all I've got to do is think forward. And I'll be home before I know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment