Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Crunch Time

         You never know what you got till its gone. I never thought my street sounded very fun until I was piled up to my neck in books, writing papers, studying for finals, falling asleep on said pile of books... etc. The sunlight sits on my balcony, teasing me, tempting me to take a much needed break. But I can't. Its crunch time.
         At least during finals time Madrid has El Dia de los Libros, Book Day! All books in the city are 10% off, and, in traditional Spanish style, theres a party in the National Library. Knowing how loud Spaniards can be, especially at parties, I wouldn't suggest the library as a tranquil safe haven for all that work you didn't do over the semester. Of course, I would know more about this unique holiday if I wasn't so busy myself...
       So as I sit here in my room, flustered and overwhelmed (as many others out there are), taunted by the sun and what sounds like the most fun day ever, those who have time to go party in the Spanish National Library, I applaud and envy you. Maybe next centennial I'll make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment